.:[Double Click To][Close]:.
'
'
'
'

Monday, May 31, 2010

By Matt Lawton

Unsettled: England coach Fabio Capello


The FA will hold emergency talks with Fabio Capello on Monday in a bid to end Inter Milan’s pursuit of the England manager.

Capello again refused to commit his future to England yesterday, only saying that he hoped to have the matter resolved in the next 48 hours.

Inter Milan owner Massimo Moratti has publicly revealed that Capello is on a list of potential replacements for Jose Mourinho.

Reports in Italy last night indicated that Moratti will make a formal approach to Capello’s representatives today. In an interview with Sky Italia, Moratti said: ‘I am pleased to see that Capello can disentangle himself from the FA after the World Cup.’

And Capello has done little to kill the speculation, claiming that he has been unsettled and wants assurances from those now running the FA, in particular the men officially appointed yesterday to run the new Club England set-up, including new managing director Adrian Bevington and chairman Sir Dave Richards.

After watching his side stutter to a 2-1 win over Japan here yesterday, Capello travelled back to Italy to visit his mother, Evelina.

He will return to London tomorrow but today he will speak on the phone with Richards and Bevington, and seek the assurances he feels he needs before renewing his commitment to the FA.

Bevington has already had what were thought to be positive discussions with Capello’s son and lawyer, Pierfilippo, and general manager Franco Baldini.

Yesterday, Capello had to be reminded of Richards’s name, but he said: ‘I know everything. I’m happy. I will speak with the new chairman. I have to speak . . . I told you I have not spoken with anyone at Inter Milan.


Waiting game: Massimo Moratti wants Capello to replace the departed Jose Mourinho


'I know nothing about this. My name is in the newspapers and on the radio, and they are an important team, but I can’t say anything about this.

'You know everything about this. I spoke with the first chairman, I spoke with Lord Triesman, now I need to speak with the other one. The situation will be clear in two days when I speak with Sir Dave Richards.

‘You know everything very well. I shook hands with Lord Triesman this season, but now I know nothing. I shook his hand.’

Asked if he would renew his commitment if he heard the right things today, he said: ‘Yes, for sure. I have only one word, not a lot of words. It’s OK.’

Bevington said: ‘We will speak to Fabio tomorrow morning and go over the same things we spoke about. There have been changes at the top of the organisation in recent weeks, and it’s important for Fabio that he hears it from the people at the top now.

'Sir Dave Richards has spoken to Roger Burden, the FA chairman. Roger and the rest of the board agree that I, as MD, and Sir Dave will speak with him tomorrow.’


source: dailymail

0 Comments:

Post a Comment